University Centers - the Price Center and Student Center - are the heart and soul of UC San Diego! Feel the pulse at the center of campus, where you can eat, shop, play, relax, meet, study, nap, socialize, belong!
Mission of the University Centers
As a student-centered organization, University Centers supports the UCSD community with quality facilities, services, and programs that foster and enrich the campus experience and student learning.
-Adopted by the University Centers Advisory Board, May 16, 2011
Values of the University Centers
In accomplishing its mission, the University Centers values:
- Utilizing student input in determining its policies, facilities, and services through its student-majority, student-chaired advisory board.
- Supporting student leadership and professional development through student employment.
- Providing clean, attractive, and well-maintained facilities
- Fostering a climate that is welcoming to all
- Creating a safe, supportive environment where students may express their views openly
- Being accessible and respectful to our customers
- Assessing the needs of our customers and responding to their concerns and suggestions
- Operating in a cost-efficient and financially responsible manner
- Forming partnerships with student organizations, student affairs units, and other UCSD departments
- Encouraging staff members to be innovative and improve service to customers
- Encouraging the growth of student employees, leaders, and volunteers
- Providing a supportive environment where staff members are respectful to one another and recognized for their accomplishments
- Creating a safe work environment
- Providing staff the resources to work effectively and
improve their skills