Mission of the University Centers
As a student-centered organization, University Centers supports the UCSD community with quality facilities, services, and programs that foster and enrich the campus experience and student learning.
-Adopted by the University Centers Advisory Board, May 16, 2011
Values of the University Centers
In accomplishing its mission, the University Centers values:
- Utilizing student input in determining its policies, facilities, and services through its student-majority, student-chaired advisory board.
- Supporting student leadership and professional development through student employment.
- Providing clean, attractive, and well-maintained facilities
- Fostering a climate that is welcoming to all
- Creating a safe, supportive environment where students may express their views openly
- Being accessible and respectful to our customers
- Assessing the needs of our customers and responding to their concerns and suggestions
- Operating in a cost-efficient and financially responsible manner
- Forming partnerships with student organizations, student affairs units, and other UCSD departments
- Encouraging staff members to be innovative and improve service to customers
- Encouraging the growth of student employees, leaders, and volunteers
- Providing a supportive environment where staff members are respectful to one another and recognized for their accomplishments
- Creating a safe work environment
- Providing staff the resources to work effectively and improve their skills